- Successful small business owner, fiscally conservative, environmentally friendly, gardener, beekeeper, community volunteer and hiker!
- Being a middle child in a loving family, allowed me to learn early in life that listening, sharing, learning from others and compromising are invaluable tools in life.
- Growing up with two dads, who were both mentors in my life, gave me a great perspective on how important and impactful positive role models are.
- I grew up in South Florida till I was eighteen years old. In 2002 I moved to San Diego to attend San Diego Community College and work in the Real Estate industry.
- Coming from a Cuban and multicultural family, gives me a unique perspective on diversity. I believe everyone has something unique to share and contribute within our community and it is our duty to help each student find and cultivate their unique talents.
- Associates Degree in Transfer Studies – San Diego City College
- Bachelors in Business Management – National University
- Course in The Art and Practice of Mediation – National Conflict Resolution Center
- California Real Estate Agent
Allan’s Business Experience:
- Assisted in forming and currently operate a property management company.
- Help operate and expand a local Family Law firm.
- Opened a small handyman company.
- Active Real Estate Agent
Allan’s Community Involvement and Volunteering:
One of my favorite mottos is:
“Life is not about me, it is about we.”
Thus I receive the most fulfillment when volunteering and helping others. The school board position would be in that vein for me. Within the last ten years I have actively volunteered with several non-profits. Four very important ones for me are:
- SD Coastal Rotary – 3 Years
I am the current Fundraising Chair Member for San Diego Coastal Rotary Group. I help raise funds and increase community involvement in local non-profit projects. Two of our most recent projects were building and installing three Little Free Libraries and coordinating a volunteer group event at the Food Bank.
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters – 3 Years
BBBS is a nonprofit that connects children and teens with mentors. When children and teens have the influence of a caring adult, they are more likely to avoid risky behaviors and to focus on academics. Today’s youth face a variety of challenges, and being matched with a Big Brother or Big
Sister can help them navigate these challenges and reach their potential.
- Honoring Our Troops – 10 Years
San Diego based non-profit dedicated to providing veteran transition assistance and free legal assistance. HRT helps veterans through self-help legal clinics, veteran-oriented seminars, and mentorships programs, which in turn, empower the lives of veterans and their families.
- Bridge to the Beach – 1 Year
Is a nonprofit organization, that teaches underprivileged children in coastal communities, water safety education. Operating since 2004, Out of the Boat Swim provides a comprehensive swim program, which not only teaches swimming skills and water safety, but also provides opportunities for underprivileged children in San Diego & Tijuana to participate in positive and healthy recreational activities while improving their self-confidence in and out of the water.